We design and manufacture all of our products at our Marlborough, MA facility, which combines state-of-the art technology with a workforce of dedicated craftsmen to provide historically accurate, energy efficient replica windows as well as custom solutions for new construction. By manufacturing all of our finished products in-house, Universal adheres to processes that not only ensure that we meet the exacting standards of the various historic accreditation agencies, but also guarantees the highest level of quality control. Our custom process also dramatically reduces lead time for customers who present unique design concepts.
Experience and Workmanship
Many of our craftsmen have been with us for twenty years or more, and our staff of approximately 75 employees has a combined 530 years of service with the company. Our hands-on approach allows us the flexibility to meet the most challenging of customer requests, and our precision CNC (computer numerical control) machinery ensures enhanced quality control standards in producing consistent high-performing window products.
Technology and Custom Capabilities
- Our precision CNC machinery allows us to have optimal flexibility in customizing window solutions. It gives us the ability to create and replicate design specifications to within 1/1000 of an inch. It also enables us to create new designs, solve technical challenges, and test new tooling concepts, which enables us to manufacture windows to your exact specifications
- We have the in-house ability to meet AAMA 2603, 2604, 2605 paint specifications in our paint shop using PPG architectural coatings
- We can create new extrusions to match original window profiles and have the capability to build custom moldings
- We cut our own glass construct our own Insulated Glass (IG) units to accommodate unique designs, such as eyebrow or arched windows.
- We have the ability to quick-ship mock up windows for a quicker approval process
- We supply factory-attached panning systems
- The TrueWARM® warm-edge technology that we utilize assures unprecedented energy savings through use of new, low transmission materials at the critical edge seal area of multi-layer glass.
- We use Super Spacer® Standard, a flexible organic foam warm edge spacer. Its polymer EPDM (ethylene-propylene-diene-monomer) is well-known in the industry for its excellent resistance to ozone, weathering, water and aging, while maintaining its flexibility through wide changes in temperature and barometric pressure.