|FiberView Series 100
Custom Fiberglass Windows
Universal Window and Door’s new line of fiberglass composite windows provides the durability of aluminum, the thermal performance of wood and the economic efficiency of vinyl. Combined with Universal’s unique ability to custom design solutions for unusual applications such as arch tops, special panning, grids and more, the new FiberView Series windows are the ideal solution for any new construction or window replacement project.
- FV 100 32 x 60 Casement
- CW-PG100 Size Tested: 813x1524 (32x60)-C
- Uniform structural load: 157.5 psf
- FV 100 48 x 32 Awning
- CW-PG100 Size Tested: 1219x813 (48x32)-AP
- Uniform structural load: 172.5 psf
- FV 100 60 x 60 Fixed Window
- CW-PG100 Size Tested: 1524x1524 (60x60)-FW
- Uniform structural load 150.38 psf
- Water Resistance @ 15 psf: No entry
- Air infiltration @ 6.24 psf: <0.10 cfm
- U value as low as .20 (Dependant on glazing option selected)
- Glazing: Double and Triple Glaze. Clear, Soft and Hardcoat Low-E, Bronze tint, Grey Tint, Green Tint, Solar Control, Argon Filled, Tempered, Obscure, Wire, Spandrel or Laminated. Please refer to glass specifications. (Glazing affects energy efficiency.)
- Exterior Panning Systems (square, colonial, and custom types)
- Interior Trim Systems
- Self-Mulling, I-Mullions or Structural Mullions
- Flange Frame, Nail Fin, Installation Clips, and J Channel.
- Special Finishes and Custom Architectural Finishes.
- Internal and/or External Grids for simulated divided lites.
- Hurricane and Impact Rated Products Are Available
- General: All windows are pulltruded fiberglass Series 100 as manufactured by Universal Window and Door. They include all necessary hardware and related items described and shown on the plans.
- Material: Fiberglass pulltrusion is heavy duty, commercial quality, providing superior structural and thermal insulating performance. Frame and sash are designed for inside glazing using snap-in ABS extruded bead.
- Construction: All frame and sash corners shall be mitered and reinforced with injection molded keys that are anchored by epoxy injection into place. All joints are sealed weathertight. Operable windows will be triple weather-stripped, with two flexible thermoplastic elastomer seals and a pile weatherstrip keyed into grooves in the frame and sash.
- Hardware: Universal’s ventilator windows incorporate two slide hinge assemblies securely fastened to the frame and vent members, operating in a track that conceals when closed. Casement standard locking hardware consists of progressive multi-point locks using a single lever, and secured with stainless steel fasteners. Awning hardware has two single point locks. Roto operators are standard.
- Glazing: At frames and vents, all glazing legs are 9/16” high with an inside surface to secure glazing compound. Glazing beads are extruded, snap-in type, ABS and accommodate up to and including 1 3/8” glass, panels or louvers with 1 1/8” standard.
- Screens: The optional screens have extruded aluminum frames securely joined at the corners with die cast corner keys, and finish will match that of the window frame. Screen cloth is 18 x 16 mesh fiberglass standard. Other screen mesh is available. WARNING: Insect screens are in-tended to provide reasonable insect control, and are not intended to provide for the retention of objects or persons from the interior.
- Finish: Surfaces on the Series 100 are painted with resilient urethane paint. Standard colors are white, black, bronze, green and beige. Special colors and custom laminated finishes are available.
- Installation: Window frames must be installed straight, plumb and level without springing or twisting, and securely fastened in place in accordance with manufacturer details and appropriate building codes.Windows are to be caulked with a suitable compound and using appropriate joint design to accomplish a thoroughly water-tight installation around the interior and exterior perimeter of the window frame and wall opening. Intersecting joints, mullions, and panning must be sealed to address field conditions. Proper installation, applicable codes, flashing, and usability are the responsibility of the installer.
For detailed CAD drawings, contact us
in our sales department.